Thursday 5 December 2013

Four Days of Firsts


With Kevin away recruiting in Ottawa I decided to pack up with Iyla and Kaiser and head back to 'The Cove' to spend some quality time with family and friends.

After a 4.5 hour drive and one 'white-out' section on the 401 by London we arrived safely. I was back for 4 days and this is the fun that was had.

Kaiser met a horse for the first time and almost jumped out of his skin when a cow nearby mooed while visiting Nanny at the farm.


Kaiser also "ran away" from my dad, with my dad frustratingly and frantically spending the next hour and a half trying to get him back and away from the water. Kaiser doesn't actually "run away" he stays close, but not close enough for you to grab him. It's a game, a game unfortunately that too many people have experienced with him when taking his leash off.
Lake Erie, You can barely tell where the sky ends and the water begins

Took this right before Kaiser came running back to me when I went looking for the two of them.
On the Thursday evening two of my closest friends since high-school came out to visit us and have supper. It flew by too fast since we were all kept busy looking after the two little ones (Izzy and Iyla) and Kaiser who was knocking Izzy down with his big sloppy kisses.
Iyla and Izzy
Iyla was mesmerized by the cozy fire place at my Dad and Rose's good friends (Les & Barb) place. We had two lovely visits with them while I was back, one of these visits I was fortunate to receive acupuncture on my sore back by their brilliant daughter. This was a blessing that eased much pain I was having due to an altercation with the staircase at my home.
Les and Iyla
I went on two runs while I was home with my Garmin fully charged and strapped back on to my wrist! My pace has slowed a bit, but where I noticed the biggest difference was in my lungs. They were burning a bit for the first mile. Below is a picture I took on my run of the lake. You can see it's starting to freeze pretty far out. Many fisherman and duck hunters were out and about.
Lake St. Clair
Much time was spent together playing. Iyla experienced many firsts:
  • Continuous deep belly giggles
  • First tooth is now in sight and is as sharp as can be
  • Although it wasn't her first she was rolling more from her back to her stomach
  • She's almost ready to crawl too!


I had my 1st ladies night out since having Iyla. One of my closest friends, Amy moved back to our hometown where we went to school as youngsters, a year ago. Our mutual friend, Adrienne arranged for a bunch of the Toronto ladies to come visit Amy and I joined in on the fun. 
I took this right before I went out for the night after sharing lot's of laughter and love
We all met up outside of Chatham at 'The Central', a bar located in a small village known as Pain Court. It was a much needed night out with great conversation and time spent dancing on the floor to Amy's man's band, 'The Chasers'. I love these girls and had a blast!!!

 I am forever thankful to lululemon athletica because it is the reason I have the most loving, generous, inspiring and fierce friends below in my life. 


I learned during that night out that no matter how old I get I am always my dad's little girl, and he will worry. I received a call from him close to midnight to check in on me and to make sure I was safe! Now being a parent it gets me thinking about how Kevin and I will be when Iyla grows up and goes out. 

The next morning I drove back to my home to find this lovely set up below, representing Kevin and I's 3 year wedding anniversary. My oh my, time has flown by and I fall more and more in love with him as it does. 

What are some firsts that you and your family have experienced lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment